As, sadly, Stu and Bob aren’t talking to me and there are obviously some communication issues and I suspect they somehow feel wronged, I thought I would get the ball rolling and air the grievances I have about what was otherwise a fantastic and unforgettable US Tour, my lifelong dream and something which I would do again in an instant.
Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time and I feel my life is actually now complete and I don’t feel I need to prove myself to anyone ever again; I am grateful for that and appreciate all that everyone put into it – it does irk me however that the person citing (correctly) that communication is the key to us getting on in future is ignoring his own advice.
Anyway, for the benefit of anyone else who ends up in this situation, these are my Top 12 Grievances (in no particular order)
- [bb] carrying illicit drugs in the touring vehicle without informing drivers. This could result in drug convictions and deportation for the perpetrator, but also could implicate the driver for smuggling across state borders, a federal offence. Take your own risks, but don’t drag everyone else down with you.
- [sk] demanding payment for gig in Santa Cruz he didn’t play at because of illness when he knew it was coming out of my pocket.
- [ds] saying stu was a shit drummer. not good for confidence and cohesion at a time when he was down
- [sm] drinking and ‘wrecking’ a couple of gigs (isn’t that considered ‘normal’ axemen behaviour? in the old days sober gigs were in the minority…)
- [bb] partying and smoking so much hooch and cigarettes bb was hoarse and unable to sing for 2 or 3 gigs on the east coast (again, ‘normal’…?)
- [sk] whinging in the tour van about temperature, music, health, etc. – grating after a few days.
- [ds] sleeping at merch table
- [sm] getting shitty at bob for trying to get his rocks off with some girl in Austen and saying that if he went off I wouldn’t come and pick him up ([sk] would no doubt have agreed to do this despite us both knowing bb’s longterm girlfriend – “they might have an arrangement…”) if he went off with her.
- [sm] calling bb’s longterm girlfriend in NZ (just back from taking his kids to his dads funeral in dunedin) to ask if they had an arrangement (nope, although bb had mentioned a couple of days before leaving that he might sleep with other people) and to ask what she wanted me to do (“don’t give him any more money, i’ve already given him $2000”) then refusing to pick him up in the morning after i told him i wouldn’t the nite before.
- [bb] wandering off and losing cellphone so was not contactable in large cities where there were tight deadlines so we had to wait around and/or go find him.
- [sk] trying to hide the fact that bb passed out in NY from not controlling his diabetes due to being so out of it he forgot to take insulin
- [sk] taking credit for arranging tour and paying for rental car – thats fine if you’re trying to impress the ladies, but not trying to lord it over other bandmembers
hope this is useful, my therapist said it would be helpful to me to itemise my grievances – i can feel the good already! thanks guys! love ya!